David C. Elkins
Partial Client List
- Banner Bank
- Columbia Bank
- Healthcare Realty Trust
- Latham & Watkins
- Oregon Transfer Co.
- Providence Health & Services
- PS Business Parks
- Schnitzer Investment Corp.
With more than 30 years’ experience in the commercial real estate industry, David Elkins is a proven and established leader. As president of NBS Real Estate Consulting, David has earned a trustworthy reputation for overcoming the most complex of challenges. He has served as a receiver, fee developer, interim resource, project manager and consultant for many assets, including educational, industrial, hospitality, land, medical, office, parking, residential and retail. His work has spanned the continental United States, Istanbul, Moscow and St. Petersburg. Because of such widespread experience, David is an invaluable resource for his clients, prized for his knowledgeable insight, attention to detail and honest expertise.
Prior to joining NBS Real Estate Consulting, David created The Remington Real Estate Group to provide advisory services for owners, investors, lenders and corporate users of real estate. Previous positions have included Chief Asset Officer of Real Estate and Construction for Providence Health & Services, the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. He oversaw a non-acute portfolio totalling more than 20 million square feet spread over five western states. The portfolio, which included most product types, exceeded $300 million in annual construction. In addition to overseeing all acquisition and disposition activity, he led five regional directors to oversee the operating and financial performance, and leasing of all non-acute real estate assets (600+ locations ,500+ leases) and project management of all permitted construction projects. As the Senior Investment Manager for Schnitzer West, LLC, David was responsible for a 5 million square foot diverse portfolio throughout the Portland Metro Area. Other previous companies included Ashforth Pacific, Inc., Hines, Bramalea Pacific, Inc. and MaceRich.
Education & Certification
- M.B.A. – University of Oregon
- B.S., business administration – California State University, Fresno
- Building Owners and Managers Institute International – Real Property Administrator (RPA)
- Urban Land Institute – Healthcare and Life Science Council 015-present
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Board Member 003-2005
- Building Owners and Managers Association – Board Member -2003
- Lloyd District Transportation Management Association – Board Member -2002
Community Service & Memberships
- Warner Pacific College, Board of Trustees 012-2019
- The University Club, Member 001-2016
Outside the U.S.
Istanbul, Moscow and St. Petersburg